Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice: Did You Say?

Put man in a cage
And he'll show you claws that you
never knew he had.

(Yes, still in haiku mood. Though what I should be in is exam-study-mood.)

Elections are such nasty things.

Naivete or not, I can't help thinking that there is a nice, non-nasty way of doing these things. Surely we can all exist without pointing out flaws in other people (that may or may not exist) in hateful terms?

Maybe you'll say I should wake up to the real world. Well, I'll tell you now: Alarms will wake me when I'm needed, and I'll butt in and butt out asap.

5 comments:

Bonnie Lad O' Kilmarnock said...

Girl, it's not the real world that needs you. It's you who needs the real world.
The alarms might fail to ring unless you set them for yourself. :)

Matta said...

A nice and clear way to do elections, well that is a good dream. I wanted to say welcome to the real world.(You beat me to it) But somehow I can't offer you the blue pill either(reference:matrix).

But I am afraid the alarm you are are relying on won't ring to begin with. The world never needs you. It finds replacements when one doesn't wake up on one's own effort and drag themselves to work. So don't take any offence, but if you are waiting for the alarm then i think you are wasting your time. And people won't be always around to kick you from sleep, when it is too late.

parivrajak said...

@the lad:
Erroneous, really. One doesn't really need the world, except for those basic necessities of life. Heard of absent-minded professors and "are you even in this world?" comments?! :)

@mattu-boy:
But the alarms do ring! They rang this time, remember Mattu? Though turned out it was rather an aggressive alarm. :P

@both:
Plis, zis ees bad time engage in fierce obscurantist, specious discussions that Jenkins would call intertextual linguistic fragiity. Or something. :)

Bonnie Lad O' Kilmarnock said...

Hm. I wonder how you define 'basic necessities.'

It is a bad time, yes. We'll leave this for later. :)

parivrajak said...

@the lad:
This isn't well-thought out at all, but I'd say basic necessities are food, shelter types. The lowest rung of Needs, so to speak. The others could just be a mental construct.